AnalogFolk Sydney is looking for a creative UX thinker with an interest in the upfront strategy and implementation of user focused design theories. Someone comfortable cultivating collaboration who feels confident making independent decisions, can precisely explain their thinking and are as comfortable delegating tasks as they are getting their hands dirty. Ultimately, your ambition is to help grow the User Experience team, ensure understanding and need of User Experience within the agency and optimize and promote the discipline with clients.
If you’re looking for a highly collaborative team where UX and visual design are married, a team that’s enthusiastic about making awesome things, a strong work/life balance and to work with nice people, you’ve come to the right place.
- Build UX strategy based thinking and detail documentation of experience maps, user journeys, personas, storyboards, wireframes, site/app maps and prototypes
- Work with CX Strategist and Visual Design team to develop creative innovative solutions to digital problems that may break design rules with good reason
- Communicate efficiently, effectively and holistically through documentation to both clients and internal disciplines
- Work with analysts, clients and developers to determine business requirements
- Direct, create, review and collaborate with other UX and visual designers on overall direction of functionality and designs
- Construct responsive design systems, utilizing functional and visual patterns
- Help design project processes and be flexible with making changes to those processes
Knowledge & Understanding
- Use Sketch, Slack, Invision, Marvel, Proto.io, Keynote, Zeplin (have used Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure)
- Use CMS architecture, website, native apps, mobile web and openness to AI and physical product design
- Display strong presentation and workshop leadership capabilities, with confidence to participate and explain or defend decisions based on user centered design principles
- Efficiently and holistically run QA to confirm interaction patterns, UX journeys and visual integrity
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a UX position or similar
- The ability to manage time efficiently; working quickly, across multiple projects
- Take ownership of a project and guide a team, with intermittent oversight
- See what needs to be done and make it happen with initiative or delegation
- Easily adapt to ever changing software and be open to learning new programs
- Learn new skills with a desire to teach them to other team members
- Be self-motivated, ego-free and can assist others in getting the most out of their career and their role at AnalogFolk
- Be familiar with new ways technology can be used, with a restless mind
- Lead teams and support other user experience team members
- Develop ambitious, complex, user experience deliverables for a range of different projects, including some or all of the following: mobile and desktop websites, apps for mobile and tablet devices, for campaigns as well as complex systems, platforms, products or services
- Accurately provide timings for deliverables and projects
- Write and communicate user experience recommendations efficiently and clearly, in documentation and in front of clients and internal stakeholders
- The ability to collaborate with all disciplines, especially CX strategy and design
- An active creative, cultural life
- General awesomeness
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.