As Tech Lead your overall goal is to efficiently deliver great creative award-winning technical work to drive our purpose of using digital to make the analog world better. You will work closely with our existing technology, UX, strategy and design teams to help build winning interactive solutions for a range of top quality brands. You are an experienced leader and technical thinker who is creative, pro-active, enthusiastic and committed to delivering solutions that our clients and their budgets will love. You are equally at home with rapid prototyping proof of concepts in lean and agile project delivery approaches as you are defining scalable native app and mobile applications. You will also share your knowledge of emerging technologies to help educate the wider team about any best practice, recent builds or particular code methods you’ve got hidden up your sleeve.
What you'll do / Roles & Responsibilities
You will be:
- Able to lead and inspire the team
- Manage client relationships
- Hands on
- An approachable enabler
- A lover of new technology
The effect you'll have / Measurement & performance
- Constantly look for ways to improve the technology offering to the agency and is proactive in suggesting and scoping changes.
- Client retention and growth in technology business opportunities.
- Inspire, derive and deliver innovative technology ideas which result in award entries and public recognition.
- Participate in successful client pitches.
- Ensure industry and Company best practices and security measures are followed across the department at all times.
- Attract, build and retain great talent.
- Consistently perform well against financial budgets and targets.
- Consistently perform well against department and personal bill-ability and utilisation targets.
What you've done / Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a Senior Software Engineer or Technical Architect developing commercial websites.
- Experience working in a technical consulting or technical client facing role
- A degree ideally in Computer Science, is advantageous but not necessary
- Experience working in a creative environment
And experience of the below tools will help you keep a clear and calm head, and lead by example:
Git (gitFlow methodology)
JIRA/Confluence Release management (Bamboo/Jenkins or similar)
Grunt & Gulp
Unit testing Performance testing Code reviews Accessibility (WCAG 2.0)
Software Dev Leadership
Experience creating technical architectures
Software development experience on JS or Php is a plus
HTML5 & mobile frameworks
Native mobile application development AWS NodeJS
Who we are / Values & Behaviour
At AnalogFolk we use digital to make the analog world better. That means work that helps people in some way. Instead we strive to create experiences that are remarkable and fundamentally valuable.
Find a Way
Leads by example, pioneering new ideas and practices. Refuses to accept defeat when faced with difficult situations.
Creates a safe environment for risk taking and experimentation.
Creates an environment which encourages a high-performance culture, stretching teams to achieve more.
Creates an environment whereby people are open and honest with one another. Is focused on what is right for the team and the agency, rather than personal gain.
Champions empowerment by ensuring that teams have the freedom and authority they need.
AnalogFolk opened its doors in March 2008 with the mission of using digital to make the analog world better.
It takes a special kind of someone to succeed at AnalogFolk. Work for us means much more than the ideas we have or the products we create, it’s the relationships we build and the environment we create together.
Our culture is vitally important to us and we do everything we can to make AnalogFolk a great place to work. We are an independent agency that cultivate an equal, inclusive culture that values, respects, and celebrates difference, but is united by a common purpose.
We are ambitious for the agency, our clients and our Folk. We want you to flourish here. As one of our Folk, we expect you to learn and grow while you’re with us, and we want to help you achieve your ambitions.