As Executive Experience Design Director you will be a champion of Experience Design (XD), a leader for the XD team and one of our most skilled practitioners. You are a T-Shaped person who is interested in and actively finds ways for your discipline to integrate and collaborate with other practices and departments. You work with the wider agency to build the agency’s credibility in XD, building high level client relationships and selling our work persuasively. You will build and nurture a team of Experience Designers within AnalogFolk London, helping them to develop whilst delivering a high standard of work. As a practitioner you will also take on leadership of some of our key clients to deliver award-winning Connected Brand Experiences.
What you'll do / Roles & Responsibilities
- Champion the value of XD and increase understanding throughout AF London and our client base
- Be a visible thought leader internally and externally
- Act as a trusted advisor with our most senior clients, growing key relationships
- Grow our XD business by leading relevant organic and new business opportunities
- Define and develop the AF London approach to XD supported by the necessary tools & frameworks
- Collaborate with other practices to define and deliver new, more integrated ways to solve problems
- Lead development and innovation of ethnographic and user research methods
- Act as a leader and mentor to the XD practice
- Develop the XD team, ensuring that they have development plans and continue to improve
- Promote collaborative work practices and foster a relationship of trust with other departments
- Help teams to accurately scope projects and to plan complex XD projects
- Ensure that the team are billable and working efficiently
- Able to take on and delegate work whilst maintaining a high standard of work
- Act as QA for team’s work, taking responsibility for the quality of all our XD outputs
- Lead and manage the high level XD strategy on our most complex projects and important clients
- Understand and orchestrate skills from the wider strategic services offering whenever relevant
- Set ambitious experience visions for our clients. And collaborate with the client and wider team to chart a course to reach those ambitions. Helping them to deliver Connected Brand Experiences.
- Be able to sell our XD work as an inspiring presenter
- Ensure that work delivers against clients’ goals and that learnings are taken from success & failure
- Develop solutions across platforms & devices
- Learn new skills and stay on top of tech developments, look for opportunities to employ them
The effect you'll have / Measurement & performance
- Award-worthy XD work on accounts and relevant pitches
- XD work meets or exceeds client-defined objectives once live
- Introduce or improve XD tools and frameworks that improve strategic product
- Increase the value of our Experience Design business
- Improved performance of direct reports and the practice as a whole
- Have developed influential relationships with key clients
- You and your team consistently meet deadlines and deliver a high quality of work
- You and your team consistently hit billability targets
- Over-run targets are met by Experience Design across all projects
- High level of team satisfaction & development
What you've done / Skills & Experience
- Operated as a high level XD practitioner, with an advanced understanding of current best practice methods and tools; as well as a keen interest in innovations in your field.
- T-Shaped. Curious and knowledgeable about the adjacent worlds of Data, Brands and Business.
- Experience leading teams on large and complex XD projects
- A holistic thinker, who can orchestrate Experience Strategy with other disciplines such as brand, data and content strategy.
- Proven ability to deliver thinking that leads to amazing, effective products and platforms. Across various platforms and devices.
- Experience developing insights to unlock breakthrough experiences
- Comfortable acting as a partner to CXOs/CCOs, presenting persuasively to groups of clients and rallying internal teams around a strategy or idea.
- Experience inspiring a team and nurturing talent
- Naturally collaborative. Preferring to work with different disciplines and iteratively.
Who we are / Values & Behaviour
At AnalogFolk we use digital to make the analog world better.
Find a Way (resourcefulness)
Recognises the contributions of both individuals and teams, and celebrates their success.
Fail brilliantly (Ambition)
Inspires and motivates others to learn in an environment free from fear.
Be Remarkable (Excellence)
Creates an environment, which encourages a high performance culture, stretching teams to achieve more.
Be Nice (Teamwork)
Creates an environment whereby people are open and honest with one another. Is focused on what is right for the team and the agency, rather than personal gain.
Makes Things (Productivity)
Champions empowerment by ensuring that teams have the freedom and authority they need.